Cannot use a private router

Démarré par fajolo, 25 Septembre 2016 à 13:04:48

« précédent - suivant »

Hi all,
after several trials, I'm still not able to substitute the native K-Box with another router.
I read in the forum several possible solution, none of which seem to apply to my case, unfortunately.
Is there some "official" guide on how to do that?
The very strange thing is that the mac-address that I see on the main k-net configuration page is not the same mac-address that I obtain within my private network out of the native K-box router. I also tried both of them on my personal router, without success.
At this point I really do not know what else I could try: any help would be very much appreciated.

M.

Hey, the Official guide is here. https://forum.caps.services/index.php/topic,4260.0.html

Citation de: fajolo le 25 Septembre 2016 à 13:04:48
The very strange thing is that the mac-address that I see on the main k-net configuration page is not the same mac-address that I obtain within my private network

Your kbox doesn't have only one MAC address ;-)

Thanks for the quick reply, but that guide is exactly the one that is not working for me.
Not sure about the mac-address since I honestly have no clue about which interface the mac-address in the main page is referring to. For sure not the physical one on the router, which has another one, as I say. Unfortunately there's no way to connect to the native K-BOX router to see what's going on under the hood (and that would have been helpful, most likely).
Anyway, following the procedure "LE MODE SANS KBOX" did not work and the router has been assigned a "private" IP (something like 10.0.6.XXX), which seems very strange to me.
Also, I'm not sure how to read the section: "Mise à jour (juin 2016, par Jack)" (since I live in St.Genis, which is Ain): does it mean that I have to use the bridge mode or some other fancy tricks?
I'm not sure, also because other people in the neighbourhood did the same w/o problems. So, I am wondering if it's the firmware of my personal router the possible cause of the problems.... 

Hey,
yes I did, without any luck. As I said, for some reason I cannot even obtain a proper IP address, even if

nvram show | grep wan

indeed shows that my correct IP has been somehow propagated to the router, but did not produce anything useful.

Little weird update. If I connect to my personal router and try to renew the DHCP, this is what I receive from the Modem:

>> udhcpc -t 100 -T 2 -A 2 -n -S -r 178.250.XXX.YY
udhcpc (v1.20.2) started
eth0: No such process
Sending discover...
Sending select for 10.6.0.163...
Lease of 10.6.0.163 obtained, lease time 432000

while the content of resolv.conf is correctly updated:

cat resolv.conf
nameserver 178.250.209.34
nameserver 178.250.208.135

Any additional hints, or someone else having similar issues...?

Well, i don't understand...

If you connect any device without cloning the KBox MAC address / Sending the MAC of your device to K-Net, you will not be able to obtain a public IP address, it is a security mechanism. ^^

Ciao @huguesdelamure,
sorry if I did not explain myself clearly:

* I did clone the MAC address that was visible in the main configuration page of K-Net of the "standard" router and it did not work (same kind of problems already reported in this thread)
* I did clone the MAC address of the router (as guessed reading on the router and arp-ing the local net) and it did not work
* I also tried setting up fixed IP cloning the settings that are working when using the out-of-the box router, w/o success.

That's why I started this thread.
Thanks for the help!

fajolo: use the mac that ends with b8, not b9
Mes propos sont le fruit exclusif de mon cerveau, et ne sont pas soumis au maître esprit.

Dear Jack,
the *b8 case it the worst, since in this case the DHCP seems totally stuck:

>> udhcpc
udhcpc (v1.20.2) started
eth0: No such process
Sending discover...
Sending discover...
Sending discover...
Sending discover...

and keeps forever like this.

The weird think is that

nvram show | grep wan_

is giving the correct settings:

wan_unit=0
wan_dhcpenable_x=1
wan_pppoe_passwd=
wan_clientid_type=0
wan_auth_x=
wan_nat_x=1
wan_pppoe_service=
wan_pppoe_mru=1492
wan_gateway=0.0.0.0
wan_ppp_echo_failure=10
wan_vendorid=
wan_gateway_x=178.250.212.254
wan_phytype=
wan_hwname=
size: 56192 bytes (74880 left)
wan_hwaddr_x=**:**:**:**:a7:b8
wan_ppp_echo=1
wan_pppoe_relay=0
wan_enable=1
wan_pppoe_options_x=
wan_dns=
wan_dns2_x=178.250.208.135
wan_pppoe_mtu=1492
wan_vpndhcp=1
wan_netmask_x=255.255.254.0
wan_proto=dhcp
wan_ipaddr_x=178.250.**.**
led_wan_gpio=5
wan_ppp_echo_interval=6
wan_pppoe_idletime=0
wan_hwaddr=**:**:**:**:a7:b8
wan_pppoe_username=
wan_ifnames=eth0
wan_pptp_options_x=
wan_clientid=
wan_dns1_x=178.250.209.34
wan_upnp_enable=1
wan_ipaddr=0.0.0.0
wan_mtu=1500
wan_hostname=
wan_desc=
wan_dnsenable_x=1
wan_pppoe_ac=
wan_heartbeat_x=

Sounds better, now use CPE's port #2 (not #1)
Mes propos sont le fruit exclusif de mon cerveau, et ne sont pas soumis au maître esprit.

Jack,
you are the man: it worked
Sorry for the naive question: the mac-address was something I could and did try to get it correct, but how could I have guessed port #2 not port #1.... Is it mentioned anywhere?

Simply put, there is no official support for custom hardware, despite the fact that some people give information as needed